ReViral are currently recruiting a Virologist to join our laboratory team based in the Durham area, UK, to support the company's antiviral drug discovery and development projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties will be mostly laboratory based, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supporting and supervising the screening facility, ensuring sufficient viral and cell line stocks and scheduling screening of new compounds. This will involve supervision of one member of staff.
2. Planning and executing a range of screening assays to test new compounds, mainly cell based assays including plaque assays and transfection assays.
3. Reporting and recording of results and data using eLab Book.
4. Cross discipline communication with colleagues based locally as well as those based elsewhere in the UK.
To be successful in your application for this exciting opportunity we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in a Biological Sciences discipline eg, Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology etc. In addition to this, you will require practical experience with in vitro mammalian cell and virus culture.
2. Experience with small molecule compound management and databases such as Dotmatics is an advantage
3. This role will involve working with a small multi disciplinary team, therefore excellent cross-discipline communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Applications (CV and cover letter) outlining qualifications and demonstrating how your experience and skills match the job requirements should be submitted by 5th April to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE